Friday, November 30, 2012



                                  Before It Dies



I am scared  to reach out, afraid of rejection.
There is only so much that a tiny heart can take.
I am scared of my fingers touching coldness.
Killing whatever warmth I saved all this while.
I am sacred of being alone but even more ,
of being left alone by you after you awaken that glow in me.
Like a piece of old sock , you warmed the recess of my heart.
I am scared it might have holes and that everything would slip
and fall and get lost and I will be transported back in the wilderness.
The panic, tears, betrayal, pain blanketing me. Suffocating
every last breath in me .
Yes I am sacred for my sanity.
Its fragile like a spider’s gossamer web.
I am scared darling. Because I can feel you becoming
cold towards me.
I don’t reach out to you but wait tentatively for your look, a touch maybe.
And expecting you to sink me in your warmth.
But I am left cold and it sinks further that I am alone
Even in Us.

-
Farhain

No comments:

Post a Comment